Hanna Instruments Marine Alkalinity Checker® HC - HI755
The Hanna Marine Alkalinity Checker® bridges the gap between simple chemical test kits and professional instrumentation.
Chemical test kits have limited accuracy and resolution since they rely upon the human eye to discern differences in color.
Professional instrumentation incorporates a light source such as an LED or tungsten lamp with a filter and a light sensing detector to precisely determine absorbance and ion concentration.
Professional instrumentation offers greater resolution and accuracy but can cost hundreds of dollars.
The Hanna Marine Alkalinity Checker® measures alkalinity in parts per million (ppm) of calcium carbonate (CaCO3) ,using a fixed wavelength LED and silicon photo detector to provide the accuracy of professional instrumentation at the affordable price of a chemical test kit
- Range: 0.00 to 300 ppm (mg/L)
- Resolution: 1 ppm (mg/L)
- Precision: ±5% of reading ±5% ppm @ 25°C
- Light Source: LED @ 610 nm
- Light Detector: Silicon photocell
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off: After 10 minutes of non-use and after read
- Dimensions: 81.5 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.2 x 2.4 x 1.5")
- Weight: 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Method: Colorimetric method